The Premier Destination for Foot and Ankle Surgery
Your feet and ankles play a big role in your ability to work, participate in sports, and maintain an active lifestyle. So when an injury, deformity, or medical condition causes discomfort or immobility of your lower extremities, the effects can be devastating. Board-certified foot and ankle specialist Dr. Rachel Balloch provides advanced, personalized foot and ankle surgery at her orthopedic surgery practice serving Hartford County, CT. When visiting Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists for surgery, you can rest assured you are receiving care from an extensively trained physician who personalizes every treatment to your unique needs.
Determining the Need for Surgery
Dr. Balloch will recommend surgery only when it is absolutely necessary and if conservative forms of therapy have not generated results. After your in-office surgical consultation, she will work with your primary care physician to determine that you are healthy enough for orthopedic surgery. Since ankle fractures can cause deformity, disability, or chronic pain if not correctly treated, it is important to obtain a diagnosis soon after your injury occurs.
Dr. Balloch typically handles 300 to 400 foot and ankle surgery cases each year.
Specializing in Surgical Treatment
Dr. Balloch specializes in the treatment and pathology of the foot and ankle, including:
- Trauma: Dr. Balloch completed a three-year trauma-based foot and ankle surgery residency at University Hospital-UMDNJ, a Level I trauma center, and can provide treatment for ankle fractures using conservative techniques including ankle arthroscopy.
- Pediatrics: Our compassionate team gladly welcomes younger patients and maintains a warm and friendly environment where children can feel comfortable.
- Congenital deformities: Congenital abnormalities which are caused by genetics can typically be corrected with a personalized surgery.
- Diabetic limb salvage: Dr. Balloch provides extensive care options to help save limbs in diabetic cases.
- Sports injuries: Dr. Balloch uses the latest materials and techniques to provide injured athletes with faster recovery times following a sports injury.
- Arthritis: Our team can treat arthritis within the foot and offers the innovative Cartiva® implant for big toe joint arthritis.
Dr. Balloch is board-certified in surgery of the foot, reconstructive rearfoot, and ankle surgery and is one of few specialists in the state to hold an Advanced Ankle Certificate, which allows her to work up to the knee. Dr. Balloch wants to provide patients with the very best care and makes it her goal to stay informed on new technology that is introduced into her speciality. As a renowned foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Balloch is continually invited to various high-level continuing education courses to receive training on the latest technology in the field of orthopedic surgery.
As a foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Balloch is highly sought-after by patients dealing with an injury or deformity. She typically handles 300 to 400 foot and ankle surgery cases each year. Because we focus on foot and ankle cases exclusively, we are able to provide our patients with personalized care tailored to their individual needs, all while using the newest technology and materials available to reach the best possible surgical outcomes.
Request an Appointment Today
Electing surgery as your treatment option is a big decision, but the team at Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists combines the latest technology and a compassionate care approach to make all procedures as comfortable and effective as possible. To schedule your surgical consultation, call our office at (860) 352-1872 or request an appointment online.